Friday, April 19, 2013

What's the big deal...

       Why all the "hoopla" over our adoption of Isaac?   Are we trying to make ourselves look saintly?
Why all of a sudden is a private introvert like me advertising her life on a blog and even joining Facebook?  There are 2 reasons. 
      The first reason is a matter of practicality.  International adoption is expensive -- over $30,000. There are fees to the adoption agency, fees to China, travel fees, homestudy fees, and many other miscellaneous expenses.  We have several fundraisers going.  Facebook, letters, and blogs are some of the ways we can let friends and family know we need their support.  It is hard to ask for help sometimes and God has definitely worked on my pride through this experience.  Prayers and money are always appreciated :)  We still need about $5000 dollars.  Although our travel time is getting close, I know God has a plan to provide.
     The other reason I have stepped outside my comfort zone (Facebook? Really? I would have never thought!) is that maybe in sharing our story, someone else might be encouraged to open their home to a child without a family.  There are so many...
     God has taught me so much about obedience, trust and hope through this adoption journey.  I'm sure His lessons will continue after Isaac comes home.  Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment